Interested in having a backyard apiary? Join Nathalie from Bee Mindful for the beginner level of a three-part Becoming a Natural Beekeeper Series. This is a two hour theory class for first time beekeepers, with plenty of time for questions.
This class will take place at Vista Brewing from 6:30pm to 8:30pm. Dinner and drinks are available for purchase.
Tickets for the class are $45 and can be purchased on Bee Mindful’s website. Be sure to also check out the hands-on Level 2 and Level 3 classes held at Vista’s apiary on Saturday, March 16!
In this class, we will introduce the following concepts:
– natural beekeeping basics
– protective clothing
– equipment types and their pros and cons for our area
– how and where to get your bees
– apiary setup
– basics of bee biology
– basics of pest and diseases
– basics of nutrition
– best practices in beekeeping